Welcome

I hope you will find something that interests you here on my blog..please leave your comments even a :) will do...Thank you

Friday, February 18, 2011

Ego And Desire

this is a nice article sent by a friend so i thought of sharing 



An Emperor was coming out of his palace for his morning walk

 
when he met a beggar.- 



He asked the beggar, "-What do you want?" 

The beggar laughed and said, 


"You are asking me as though you can fulfill my desire!"

 
The king said, "Of course- I can fulfill your desire. 


What is it? Just tell me."- 


And the beggar said -"Think twice before you promise anything." 

The beggar was no ordinary beggar. 

The beggar said-, "It is a very simple desire


You see this begging bowl-? Can you fill it with something?" 

The emperor said, "Of course!-" He called one of his vaziers and told



him,"Fill this man’s begging bowl with money." 


The vazier went and got some money and poured it into the bowl, 

and the money disappeared.- And he poured more and more,

and the moment he would pour it, it would disappear. 

And the begging bowl- remained always empty! 

The whole palace gathered. By and by the rumor went 


throughout the whole capital, and a huge crowd gathered. 

The prestige of the emperor was at stake. 


He said to his vaziers, -"If the whole kingdom is lost, 

I am ready to lose it, but I cannot be defeated by this beggar." 


Diamonds and -pearls and emeralds, his treasuries were becoming


empty.


The begging bowl seemed to be bottomless. 

Everything that was put into it --everything! --immediately 


disappeared. 

Finally it was night, and the people were standing there in utter 


silence. 

The king dropped at the feet of the beggar and admitted his defeat


He said, "You are victorious, but tell me one thing before you leave,

 
just fulfill my curiosity. What is the begging bowl made of?" 

The beggar laughed and said, "-It is human mind.

 
It is simple made up of human various desires….!" 

The mind never stops desiring for more and more. 

The human mind moves from one- desire to another desire…... !


And when one desire is achieved, the mind wants another desire. 


Your mind is full of ego.

 
You could not accept that you could be defeated by a begger. 

The day one's mind is free of ego -, one becomes humble . 


And humbleness removes desires. 


I wanted to teach you that the day you 


are free from your ego and desires, 

it will be the turning point in your life. 

Moral ; 

I want peace. 

" I " is = ego


and



want is = desire. 

When you remove " I " and "want " 


you get peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment